Monday, May 09, 2005

Tree is a tree is a tree

In celebration of mothers everywhere- for better or worse, I took the weekend off from the drawing board.
Instead I dropped in at our Troop campout, went for a walk and looked at trees and houses, and had KFC 2 times in one day. Im not sure if all grandmothers love the Colonel Sanders but my mom and mother-in-law both do. So we had it morning and night. I took pictures of every event, of course. Im always looking for the right light. I hit it lucky and took one very good picture of my brother-in-law.
On the walks in the neighborhood and in the nature reserve it is pictures of trees. One would think a tree is a tree is a tree but if you take the time to look -trees are facinating. Textures of bark and leaves, composition, shape of trunk, their relationship to their neighbors and on and on. I never noticed trees that much untill I had to draw them. Since they are usually infront of a house they have to be drawn first. Sometimes they are very close to the viewer and detail is what make a tree their tree. People really notice and have said that trees really add to the feeling that this is a custom drawn home complete with all the trees they loved or hated all those years. All in all people are proud of their lawns and their trees.

Back to the drawing board,
Kim

No comments: